⭐️ Stay up to date about new jobs by signing up for our job mailing list.
AppSignal provides amazing insights into the workings and effects of applications. Our service is used by thousands of developers around the world to catch catch errors, track performance, monitors hosts, collect metrics and get alerted.
Our company is built on a strong foundation of a vision and values. We spend time and effort developing and maintaining that. If you get excited by what AppSignal is building, you should definitely apply for this position.
You write great quality code and like to work with other developers. You write tests for all features. You don't mind getting your hands dirty by learning new languages or frameworks.
Working as a developer at AppSignal also includes support rotation. We offer amazing support where our customers (developers) get to talk to our team (developers) directly. Getting compliments from people that actually use the features you've built is a great experience.
Your skills, interests and preferences
- You love our company vision and culture.
- You have experience with (or interest in learning) some of the following languages / frameworks: Ruby, Rails, React and Elixir.
- You have experience writing production-level code.
- You like to work at an informal company (no, that's not a codeword for chaos in the workplace; we've been running businesses since 2002)
- You like to work in a growing, profitable company with a proven business model, actual revenue and an experienced team. (So no, we are not chasing VC money to survive.)
- You like working with developers, designers, marketing and customer care folks.
- You know how to communicate well with colleagues and customers (in English).
- AppSignal is a remote company. Our team works from home or a desk / office in a workspace nearby.
- You like to develop yourself. Our team and team-members receive coaching by a professional coaching company on a regular basis.
- If you enjoy writing, you can contribute to our blog where your articles will be read by thousands of developers.
We welcome people of all backgrounds, genders and orientations to apply to this position. You value a company where you can feel safe and work together with a team full of diverse ideas, to do some of the best work we can do.
Why you'll love working with us
You will build services that really help people like yourself: developers. At AppSignal we don't only help them, but try to be Amazing in everything we do. From design, to code quality, to support and our upgrade policies.
At AppSignal we work independent, but we're also a tightly knit group of people. That means we don't share an office, but we do get together once every week / two weeks in a big city in the Netherlands.
We are open about our flaws and improving the way we work and hope you too are relaxed, honest and down to earth. We prioritize impact over ego and status.
If you love these things, you should apply. Our vision and culture should be the primary reason you want to work for us, as opposed to money, status or power. Our salaries are competitive, and you'll love our remote working perks.
Applying from outside the Netherlands
We welcome applications from outside the Netherlands, but you should be mindful of the following: We want to be a fully remote company in the future spread over different timezones, but in the current phase of our company we have experienced great benefits in meeting face to face regularly.
We will take each application seriously, but your ability to attend face to face meetings twice a month in the Netherlands is a big pre in our hiring decisions.