AppSignal provides amazing insights into the workings and effects of applications. Our service is used by thousands of developers around the world to catch errors, track performance, monitors hosts, collect metrics and get alerted.
Our company is built on a strong foundation of a vision and values. We spend time and effort developing and maintaining this. If you get excited by what AppSignal is building, you should definitely apply for this position. AppSignal is a fast growing and sustainable company, fueled by profit instead of Venture Capital.
Build a Node.js APM integration
Responsibility, influence and impact
Your skills, interests and preferences
- You like to work at an informal company (no, that's not a codeword for chaos in the workplace; we've been running businesses since 2002).
- You like to work in a growing, profitable company with a proven business model and an experienced team (we don't need to chase VC money to survive).
- You like working with developers, designers, marketeers and customer care folks.
- You know how to communicate well with colleagues and customers (in English).
- AppSignal is a remote company. Our team works from home or a desk / office in a workspace nearby. We'll meet in person every other week on Fridays, and have a weekly demo and retrospective to stay in sync.
- You like to develop yourself. Our team and team members receive coaching by a professional coaching company, and we offer a training budget so you can keep learning.
- If you enjoy writing, you can contribute to our blog, mailing lists and AppSignal Academy, where your articles will be read by thousands of developers.
We welcome people of all backgrounds, ages, genders and orientations to apply for this position. You value a company where you can feel safe and work together with a team full of diverse ideas. We want you to feel that you make a difference by doing your best work, and that the rest of the team also sees and values that.
Why you'll love working with us
You will build services that really help people like yourself: developers. At AppSignal we don't only help them, but try to be amazing in everything we do. From design, to code quality, to support and our upgrade policies.
At AppSignal we work independently, but we're also a tightly knit group of people. That means we don't share an office, but we do get together every two weeks in a city in the Netherlands that’s easy to reach by public transport.
We are open about our flaws and how we constantly improve the way we work. We hope you too are relaxed, honest and down to earth. We prioritize impact over ego and status.
If you love these things, you should apply. Our salaries are competitive and we have some great perks (working remote, unlimited vacation, yearly personal budget). But our vision and culture should be the primary reason you want to work with us, as opposed to money, status or power.
Applying from outside the Netherlands
We welcome applications from outside the Netherlands, but you should be mindful of the following. In the future we want to become a fully remote company, spread out over different time zones. In the current phase of our company we have experienced great benefits in meeting face to face regularly.
We will take each application seriously, but your ability to attend face-to-face meetings twice a month plays a strong role in our hiring decision.